EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Technology in education is ushering in a new model of connected teaching. Smart cities around the world are leveraging online and open educational resources to accelerate the rate of learning, reduce costs, and better utilize instructor time. Technology supports this innovation from online and virtual learning to flipped classrooms.
- Continued support of interrelationships that exist between K-12, higher education, and the community
- Foster coordination between school districts and local/regional businesses
- Promote K-12 participation in community culture opportunities
- Maintain opportunities for higher education students' involvement in the community
- Increase utilization of information technology resources to support differentiated instruction and student-centric learning
- Optimize districted technology systems to foster growth and support learning, communication, and data
- Improve network infrastructure, reliability, security, accessibility, and staffing to support information technology needs and cultivate an effective learning environment
- Utilize broadband/fiber networks to support blended learning across New York State campuses, abroad, and online
- Improve off- campus public safety through smart applications
- Support student use of advanced broadband technologies such as livestream
Click one of the options below to read more about the other challenge areas.