Environmental Innovation develops on the concept of promoting both sustainable practices and the protection of natural resources. To ensure a sustainable environment, communities must work together to fight pollution, protect and enhance the environment, and optimize the efficient use of natural resources.
- Develop plan to reduce carbon dioxide emissions
- Conversion of technology to reduce amount of energy used
- Utilize community organizations to promote climate smart initiatives
- Promote the preservation and enhancement of natural features, rural viewsheds, linkages, farmland, and public and private recreation areas
- Help landowners conserve their farmland, woodlands and natural habitats
Click one of the options below to read more about the other challenge areas.