Today's world is all about connectivity. Whether it's for work, home, school, or personal relationships, having a high-speed broadband connection to the internet is no longer an optional luxury but an essential resource for residents, businesses, visitors, service providers, and government. A smart city will work to offer broadband infrastructure that enables its citizens to succeed.
- Provide low- latency, high- speed internet access for office buildings, shopping centers, hotels, sporting venues, and other commercial premises at competitive pricing
- Bridge the gap between commercial and residential broadband to allow business professionals to work anywhere
- Determine solutions to increase broadband adoption rates by educating the citizens of a city and working toward low- cost broadband options
- Provide continuous coverage on certain areas within a city
- Provide a secure wireless network for city applications
- Provide an easy- to- access open network for internet access
- Allow residents and visitors to share and access data without relying on unreliable disparate networks for access
Click one of the options below to read more about the other challenge areas.